Tuesday 19 June 2012

Kathleen Folbigg.

I have been reading about Kathleen Folbigg, a lady who apparently murdered her four children twenty ish years ago.. it is seriously haunting stuff, and her guilt has not been directly proven. Such an interesting and tragic topic to read about, when I was looking on Wikipedia I got slightly sidetracked and ended up reading about child murders in Australia. It was heartbreaking yet I still read about all of each story.

It really put into perspective how lucky I am to live in a safe area, and to have such a smart little girl who I hope will grow up with a primary regard for her own safety and make the right decisions if she has to. I am so lucky to have her, full stop.

Back to Folbigg... it really unnerves me, she was sentenced as the main clincher was her diary entries which i read about, and did indeed sound very incriminating. It is also clear, in my opinion, that she was suffering so much that she desperately needed help, and it is so so tragic that she didn't recieve such help, which resulted in probably the worst case scenario over the next few years of having her children, which she obviously loved. She just didn't know how to handle her emotions, when they were so extreme, and I think this is what lead to their deaths, ultimately. Its is something I have been thinking about alot, about what that poor woman must have been going through back then, and also now. Every day in prison would be a nightmare, having to live with her past. Horrible. My heart goes out to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment