Tuesday 1 May 2012

Being in love with Adam.


Adam, I have been in love with him for about two years now. Maybe more before I realised.. It doesn't seem like much, writing it down. But for me, being in love with this one. boy for this steady amount of time, is a huge turning point for me. He is funny and sweet and thoughtful and strong. And he surprises me regularly with the way he responds and the ways he shows he cares. He isn't the most romantic guy in the world, nope. But he consistently tells me he loves me, and it has been a hell of an emotional rollercoaster at some stages, I'll tell you that much.

He has hurt me like no one ever has. He has made me feel emotional pain so strong I have felt physically crippled, beaten and dead. And he has lifted me back up, given me a strength he hardly even understands.

He has been through alot, haven't we all. He lost his father to cancer when he was about thirteen or fifteen, I can't remember, I dont like to bring up the topic unless he mentions it first. For a little, insecure, vulnerable teenage boy to have to deal and understand the prolonged and unfair death of his father, well, it breaks my heart to think of him having those feelings of grief and isolation which follow death.

And the man he is today would make his father so proud. He seems so amazing to me that I am constantly checking that I really deserve him. My brain has mental spaz attacks sometimes and I get upset and angry and I take it all out on Adam. And he still wants to keep on loving me. How good is being in love... I never knew I would be lucky enough to have a boy like Adam, to have him profusely deny that I could love him more than he loves me, to have him eager to be a part of my family, to have him willing to help me shape my future into one with him. He is my boyfriend and I hope he is my husband someday. LOVE is precious and we are all lucky to feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment